Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 07:50 PM   #69
thor293

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
I wired in a 12v cigarette lighter plug under the end of the bed for a 12v fan when no 110 was available. While I had the access panel off for all the wiring I also checked out the transfer switch. Good news...no signs of hot/melted wiring or caps! I went ahead and took the tape off finding the twist caps fairly loose on the solid to stranded wires. So, I went ahead and installed butt connectors on the mismatched wires using some die-electric and this F4 self fusing silicone tape. I am very happy with the resulting joints.
I had never seen the F4 tape until about a year ago. I went ahead and tried it on a power supply for my laptop that kept breaking the wire where it flexes. This stuff sticks like feathers on honey and has kept my power wire in tact since January when I did the repair. This stuff is pretty cool!
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B001HETI...=aa_scomp&th=1
That is great tape, I wrap fittings that I want to keep from unscrewing like sink or hot water connections. It is good at sealing leaks under pressure but you have to put multiple wraps and and good spread on each side of the leak. Rescue Tape is what it is also marketed by.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum