Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 05:41 PM   #15
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
The front cap is all fiberglass so it just comes out of a mold. Once the mold is made they can just crank them out (I'm sure all the other Class A's that Thor makes are manufactured in a similar fashion).

The question is: Is it cheaper to make a fiberglass front cap from a mold than it is to build the cab over bunk (which, in many of Thor's cases, is also in fiberglass from a mold).
I was refering to cab, not cap — as in cabin. I know the front cap is molded in one piece like other motorhomes, but one thing that jumped out at me as I passed an Axis on the highway is that the side walls are not straight. I’ll take a closer look this afternoon when I visit local RV Show, but I’m pretty sure the Axis/Vegas body starts to narrow ahead of the entry door (when door is located just behind passenger seat as in 24.1).

It would be very interesting to see how much cheaper Thor could build an entry-level Axis/Vegas if they tried; and what that would do to their RUV marketing. I think they are pricing the Axis/Vegas right out of the market as they keep making them larger into F-53 territory.

Like Long & Winding road, I too would like to see more floorplan options, but I’d like to see at least one smaller than the 24.1. A little smaller like the Winnebago Reyo and Via Class As may interest some of the “B” buyers. It would have to be significantly cheaper, slightly more fuel efficient, and small enough to not require a toad.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum