Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 10:05 PM   #10
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by RvEd View Post
I keep following these battery posts hoping someone will throw us a bone and tell us they've tried 6s vs. 12s.

I have room for 4 batteries. I currently have 2-12s side-by-side that measure 9h x 12L x 6.75w.

Looking around, I can get 4-6s into that space or two more 12s the same size.

Now, you have your 12v deep cycle and your 6v deep cycle. See my dilemma?
All I know is the 2 - 6V AGM I have are far superior to the OEM 12V's mine came with. But perhaps with a good aftermarket 12V battery it it would not be so dramatic.

I researched this whole 6v VS 12v subject for about 3 mo before I purchased mine and im glad I did.

Plus the part about maintenance free, quicker charging, slow discharging and longer life make it worth it to me. They are super heavy duty (73 # each vs like 46# for my OEM) with thick lead plates and more acid?

The main reason I went with Full River was the reviews were good but they fit under my step with ZERO mods. So I have about the most amp hours that I can fit under my steps.

I purchased mine at Battery Outfitters. When I showed up I asked for a disccount and he knocked off 10% without any problem. I think its because they are like $250 each and they had good margins. So $225 each is was not that bad IMO for AGM's.

Im very happy with mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4528.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	14425   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4526.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	14426  

2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum