Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 02:20 PM   #77
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichFigs View Post
Was wondering where to splice that inverter into the receptacle line coming off the fuse box/circuit breaker.
If you look at the attached picture there are actually another two lines coming off the 15 amp breaker. Does anyone know if these are all the same circuit? I have to assume that one of these powers the Norcold, I traced the one circuit to the rear TV and outlets third line may go to inside TV. Thinking that we may want to add breakers and separate these or is that defeating the purpose?
If I recall (without pulling the panel and tracing that second line which is spliced into the OUTLET breaker), i think it's the holding tank heating pads(correct me if I'm wrong)

The Norcold refer is a plug-in, into an outlet off of the OUTLET breaker.

Regarding adding breakers...
I don't believe that it's necessary for this 1200 watt inverter
You are watching TV (200 watts) + DVD player (50 watts), or plugging in something with small wattage.

I added a GFI outlet to the OUTLET line for the outside TV.
The outside TV outlet is behind the microwave on the wall in the 2018 24.1 model.
In my 2017 model that area under the cooktop has drawers. When I pulled those drawers, i had ez access to the outside TV outlet.
I pulled the plug and plugged it into my new GFI outlet that I created.
(I still have no DVD outlet for the outside TV when on inverter only)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4416.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	14770  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum