Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 02:09 AM   #843
Gladinwj

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 24TX
State: Kentucky
THOR #7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
I dont think I would just start changing screws unless necessary. These MH's have a history of screws not holding and it is possible, no probable, that you will strip many in the process. If you start changing them be sure you use some glue to help secure the new ones. And it would be a good idea to switch with one sized larger where possible. I would also buy them as I need them.

For cabinet doors there are a few good ideas for securing the hinges better. I used 1/4-20 SS stove bolts and fancy washers. Didn't have to remove the cabinet doors to do it.

As far as tools go, a small tool box with an assortment of screw drivers, a cordless driver or drill with an assortment of tips, 3 or 4 styles of plyers, wire cutters, tape measure, voltage tester, zip ties and as Bob Denman says, a platinum master card.
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1549152532
That seems to be a good solution for the cabinet doors, and looks good too. Where did you get the hardware you used?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum