Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 02:28 PM   #31
robertstoeckle

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #2402
Great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Good advice. But it’s not always practical to test EVERYTHING. Typicality I like to explore on my own. It’s not enough to know there are no leaks (for me). I want to see the construction and routing of lines. I want to see the wiring not just know that the lights work and look at the roof sealing not just know that it hasn’t leaked yet. Stuff like that. And while you shouldn’t have to fix stuff you’ll find that most RV systems are pretty straightforward and easy to fix. And you’ll learn a LOT about your machine in the process. Also, don’t forget to have fun - even when there are things that need to be fixed.
First, you have a great list ... way to do your homework. Love all the builds of the forum folks. I agree with doing a roof walk look for any anomalies ... they only warranty sealants for like a year. Also, someone else suggested no "tickie no laundry" ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE!!!! Do not take delivery until EVERYTHING is 100%. The time and frustration you will waste on warranty work seems to be unavoidable so why not hold them hostage for quick service now vs. just being one of the gang later! Hopefully you will have a different experience but why take the risk out of the gate.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum