Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 04:24 PM   #7
carpetdude

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Kansas
THOR #14456
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcharrette View Post
Hi all, I've got a bit of a situation I hope someone can help me with. We are currently camping in our 18' Outlaw 37RB and the furnace will not light tonight. The blower turns on and I hear it clicking away but it will not ignite. I have plenty of propane and to verify I switched the hot water heater over to gas and it lite right up.

So far I've disconnected shore power, shut down the main switch to reset power to the whole rig, cussed and swore. Nothing has helped. Any help beyond this is appreciated. It's going to be cold tonight.

I had similar problem with my 2018 Thor ACE 27.2. Blower came on for 30 seconds and then shut off. Had an mobile RV service come to my campsite and found out it was the sail switch. They told me this season has been rampant with this problem. Said the manufacturer of the sail switch in the Atwood heater (Dometic) has faulty switches. Originally the tech found the re-set button was off. But to be safe he ordered a new switch by a different manufacturer and it fixed the problem. Hope this might help. God Bless.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum