Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 07:30 PM   #888
Paul N

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
State: Florida
THOR #9752
23TR Bedroom Sliding Window Issue

Another bit of QA excellence on Thor's part.

The rubber track that the the sliding window in the bed room slide-out of our 2017 23TR is missing half of the top track. I discovered that when after having opened and closed the window enough times the top track moved all the way to the back of the frame and therefore, the window came out of that rubber track. The result of this was to jam the edge of the window against the track and not slide through the groove of the rubber track. The window was stuck in the locked position.

After MUCH trouble shooting with the appropriate language, I decided to compare the two windows. This is when I noticed one window had a full rubber track along the top of the widow frame that the window slides in and the other had only half of that track installed in the frame.

Quick fix was to take out the screen and window and move the track into the middle of the window frame. Now the window slides in the track and not against it. However, the track will eventually again move so it needs a permanent fix.

I emailed Thor for a new piece of track to install myself since this is not rocket science. Not that easy! I have to bring the RV in so a technician can determine the manufacturer of the window to order the correct replacement track. OK - I can understand that.

Just a word to the wise...My window jammed in the locked position but it could just as easily have jammed in the open position!

Paul

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum