Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 12:50 PM   #894
Paul N

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
State: Florida
THOR #9752
Throwing my "Transit vs Sprinter insight" into the ring also.

The longest drive we made in our 23TR was from Venice, FL to Lake City, FL which is a roughly 500 mile round trip. We were thrilled to get a over 17mpg mostly on I75 at 65mph but also on some two lane country roads. As far as Ford vs Mercedes maintenance - around Florida it is very easy to get service for the Transit at the major Ford Truck dealers scattered around. We had to drive to just North of Tampa for our recall service. Just a little over an hour away but right next to Lazydays RV so we had fun window shopping while service was being performed. Not so for a Mercedes chassis - or so I have been told. This was actually a major factor in our purchase of the Transit based coach! In any event the mpg with the Transit sure beats the 9mpg we MIGHT get with our previous Gulfstream BT Cruiser and the Ford E350 Super Duty V10!

Love our Compass 23TR. Even with all the Thor QA issues.

As an aside, I see that it seems Thor is discontinuing the 23TR...The current 2019 floor plans for the Compass/Gemini only show a 23TB and 23TW on the Transit chassis. We really like the rear bed slide out. If you want that you can still get one but on the Sprinter chassis with the 24SX but you have to give up all semblance of having a usable kitchen????

As Artie Johnson would say "Very Interesting - but ...."

Paul

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum