Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Solar setup
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 02:28 PM   #42
azadv

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Arizona
THOR #10400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post

Have you observed how much of an increase you get when you tilt the panels? I expect the 325 Watts was with panels tilted towards sun? How much if not tilted?

I didn’t test tilted vs non but I can tell you that pic was taken in Soldotna AK around first week in June last year, around 1pm, with front of coach pointed east, so using the NOAA sun position calculator page (https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/grad/solcalc/azel.html) looks like suns elevation was about 50 degrees. I’m sure tilting the panels south that day improved efficiency quite a bit. I stayed at that campground for ~3 weeks it was the only time I tilted panels on my trip cause I just didn’t stay as long in one place after that and sun got higher in elevation as trip progressed into summer and I moved south toward Wash DC and back to AZ. Maybe this year I’ll do a same day/time tilt comparison with sun elevation data.
azadv is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum