Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 11:17 AM   #19
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post

.....cut..... I find it hard to believe Winnebago forbids their dealers from adding a second air conditioner. If i wanted one I’d make its addition part of the purchase deal. FWIW I never missed it and I only have one on my current 33ft coach as well. I am planning to carry a portable air conditioner when/if we ever travel south in the dead of summer though.
Makes sense if Winnebago is trying to keep most buyers happy long term. Motorhomes with 2 A/Cs are almost always designed with 50-Amp service and larger 5,500-Watt generator from factory. The few current exceptions involve smaller high-efficiency A/Cs with power management controller that can automatically shut A/Cs off temporarily in order to limit electrical power to a 30-Amp service or 4,000 Watt generator.

If dealers add a second A/C, will all buyers really understand power limitations? Even if most did, it would only take a few loud dissatisfied buyers who were mislead by dealers to damage Winnebago’s reputation.

Once a person owns a motorhome they can do whatever they want, but I can see where Winnebago may prefer that dealers tell buyers than on new purchases they need the factory 2-A/C option that is designed specifically for that application.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum