Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 02:07 AM   #5
BandG

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #10254
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
I see a lot of similarities between the PI and the Hughes units and most people that have them say nothing bad about them. Did you have your hardwire unit professionally done or DIY?

As for the theft issues, I'm sure after I've been out there a while, I will feel less "unsafe" about these things, but until then...
Jerry does most things himself. Check out his mod thread (warning: it's HUGE, but informative!)

Here's a post on the EMS...

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...html#post41266

I hard-wired my EMS myself...also went with the Progressive Industries model. My RV is 50 Amp & the 6 gauge wires was a "bear" to work with, so it took me longer than most, but well worth the effort.

When I leave a campground, it's one less thing I need to worry about packing up (or leaving behind).

I went with locking sensors on my TPMS, more for piece of mind. We have done a few sleep overs outside of RV parks (Walmart, truck stops, rest areas), so I just felt better about making it harder for any thieves out there.

I'm sure if they really want them, they'd figure out how to get them.

I also chose the flow thru sensor option, so I can add air without removing the locking mechanism.

I think it comes down to each individual, but that's the road I chose.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum