Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Covering the RV
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 11:49 AM   #3
Fish and Dear

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #11266
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachray View Post
Just finished a 2 week camping trip, and will not go anywhere for about 3 weeks. How many of you would put the cover on your unit for those 3 weeks? That's about how long our unit will sit in between our trips all year. I'm thinking that keeping it covered for those 3 weeks every month will help protect roof sealants, etc. Any thoughts will be appreciated.
We had a couple travel trailers in the past we kept stored outside uncovered. The last one we had I noticed how frequently I was having to replace roof sealant, how often it needed cleaning, sun exposure more on one side, etc. Moved it to covered storage and then it was just dirt and bird poop to deal with. The Dicor looked better longer. Tires looked better. Fewer inside heat issues.

The 2 motorhomes we've now had are kept inside a completely enclosed garage. Even better. Now, this far south the sun is brutal on these things. But I would expect environmental hazards, whether, etc would be no less taxing on your rig.

So I would think the more it stays covered the better for the rig. I never had a desire to climb on and drag a cover over our's, so we found covered and inside storage. We never go more than 2-3 weeks without using our's either, and the idea of that hassle wad not appealing to me.

So my vote is to keep putting the cover in between trips. Unless you have a practical and affordable covered parking option. Then I would grab that and sell the cover to an outside guy.
2015 Ford Explorer XLT Toad
Fish and Dear is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum