Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 02:00 PM   #5
mcr1010

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1249
Looks like you have a good list and I assume that you have never owned an RV? I will list what I do or recommend and I'm sure you will get lots of good advice from others on this forum. We all have our ways of camping with what works for us and if you are new to camping, you will find your best and easy way also. I will comment on the items below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always a Hawkeye! View Post
Our 1st camping trip will be this Friday so I am going to Camping World to shop for basic necessary supplies today.
Please tell me if I am missing anything or if there is something that you think is a MUST HAVE!!! I know it will take time to figure out all that we need but want to have all the essentials this trip and know your experienced RV'ers may have advice!

Black Water stuff:
Clear Sewer hose Adaptor- do we need 2? One for the attachment at the RV and one for the dump end? 90 degree or 45 degree?

Sewer hose- any specific length or brand/style?

Thing that goes into the dump station hole? not sure what that's called?
I use the RinoFlex or something like that from Walmart. It is around 15-20ft. long and has all the end fittings and caps you need. A clear 45 degree ell is optional. You may want to also buy what is called a "doughnut" which is a tapered foam or rubber ring for sealing at the dump hole when there is not a threaded connection. Some campgrounds have some unusual dump holes and the doughnut is required by law in some states.

[QUOTE=Disposable gloves

What do you store your black hose in?[/QUOTE]

For starters you can store in in the compartment with the dump valves or in a plastic tube or heavy duty plastic bag. Then, when you have time, you can search on this forum for some good ways of storage.

[QUOTE=White hose- how long?
Water Filter for incoming fresh water[/QUOTE]

Min. 20-25 ft. I use two 25ft. hoses with a whole house filter in the middle. It is a PIA sometimes to handle, but I have used nearly the full length more times than I can remember especially in county, state and nat. parks

[QUOTE=Electrical:
30amp to household adaptor[/QUOTE]

You may want to add a 50 to 30amp adapter also. Been to a few CG's that put me in a 50amp only site.

[QUOTE=Surge Protector- how much protection do you recommend?[/QUOTE]

I don't use one, but think it is a good idea. I check the connection with a multimeter.

[QUOTE=Adjustable Pressure Regulator with pressure gauge or 1 @ 45psi
and 1 @ 55psi (for stronger shower pressure?)[/QUOTE]

I just use a regular inline non adjustable regulator.

[QUOTE=Chemicals to Sanitize Freshwater tank[/QUOTE]

I use plain household bleach in the proper ratio; diluted and poured thru the hose at the faucet end with no carbon cartridge in filter.

[QUOTE=Chemicals to Winterize/Non-toxic anti-freeze?[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you live in a cold climate.

[QUOTE=RV Toilet Paper[/QUOTE]

Not needed. Use single ply TP and you will be ok.

[QUOTE=Spare Fuse set[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, do get a kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldaway Table[/QUOTE

We use folding tables instead of the ones that came with the Vegas.

We have basic outdoor soccer chairs but if anyone has any suggestions for bigger, folding possibly reclining or rocking chairs for 300 lb 6"6" husband?

Outdoor Grill + Propane

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
Hope you have a very good experience on your first trip. If you need any help, just ask as there is a ton of experience here.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum