Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 04:30 PM   #35
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolbert1 View Post
Buying RV is not like buying a car. It is more like buying a house.
1. Home inspection
2. List out all thr defects and fixed
3. Negotiate the fix included
4. When you sign and drive it is yours. No take backs.
When I buy a Car.... (new or used)

1. Auto inspection
2. List out all the defects and fixes needed
3. Negotiate the fix included
4. When I sign and drive; it is titled in my name. No take backs.

I think the difference is when I buy a car, as part of my auto inspection I might not bother to check that the door locks work, that the battery is in good condition, AC blowing right temperature, light in car trunk turns on / off, 12v adapters are all working etc. because I assume they are; and if they are not I know the dealer will fix right away with urgency. With RV Mfgs, most new RV buyers don't know and don't micro inspect; and then may spend months trying to get a dealer to resolve under warranty. Ultimately some folks with the ability will fix the problems identified themselves.

To me the latter while makes sense for those that can, only perpetuates and enables the problem with the industry. It is akin to why telemarketers continue to call 1000s of numbers, some people will buy. As long as RV Mfgs are not accountable for all of these defects; they will continue to follow the path of the least expense for them, which is throw the RVs together as quickly and cheaply as possible, wait until sold to see what the customer can catch that they did wrong (PDI), fix those items and hope to survive 12 months before anything else is caught. Or if they lucky; owner grows frustrated and sells to another poor soul before it was all fixed, and new owner is on their own to fix with no warranty.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum