Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 06:38 PM   #46
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by f troop 8th cav View Post
I had that problem in a Vegas. I had the local RV guy look at the problem and said he had to replace the AUTOMATIC TRANSFER SWITCH. It is located on the 25.2 to the left of the fridge behind the bottom big drawer. He found it was wired wrong. Almost all of my wiring had been install wrong. House batteries were and emergency start has never worked.
We could not get the EMERGENCY START to work, and the SHORE POWER or GENERATOR would not charge the CHASSIS battery. Found out the BIRD in out 2016 VEGAS was wired wrong from the factory. Got brave (with the help of my voltmeter and lots of BIRD diagrams from the forum) and rewired the connections to the BIRD. Everything has worked as its supposed to for the two years since...

Gets scary sometimes cutting and rewiring..

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum