Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 07:21 PM   #43
jbwilli1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 32.1 ACE
State: Texas
THOR #14323
I have the worst luck using "search this forum", I tried finding one of my previous posts about tuning, nada.

I did the 5 Star earlier this year, just bought MH in Jan 2019, power & shifting was much improved. On one long trip the check engine light kept coming on. I researched it & it seems P0300 (I think was the #) seemed rather generic & nothing serious. On the trip back home it happened once or twice early in the trip, to never return.

Once home I called 5 Star & told them what happened, I asked them to look at my program to see if it might have a small error & it never happened with stock tune. I was told to take it to Ford, I did, everything OK. I went back to stock tune b4 going to Ford.

I took a few other short trips after putting 5 Star tune back in. No issues.

I saw on one of the threads where Brazel Ultra tune was offering a tune to compare at a very good price, if you had the correct device.

First impression was Ultra was smoother, just felt good, can't describe, it just felt like it was running better. The low end power, maybe 1st & 2nd, was not quite as strong as 5 Star. Mileage was 1-2 tenths better, according to my scan gauge. Only change was and oil change at 4700 miles & DW added a few more of her must have items.

I've got another short trip to Dallas/Ft Worth area, this month & next month from Texas-Arkansas-Mississippi-Georgia & Florida. If any thing changes good or bad, I'll post my impressions. I felt like I owed feedback since Brazels gave me a chance to compare without spending big $'s.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum