Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #1
phoeg

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8223
Extending slide without using leveling jacks

We are in a 2016 Hurricane 34F, and for the most part, have had good luck with it. My problems seem to have been fairly typical things that seem bigger because they’re always the first time. And at each stop on this trip it has been something new. However, I’ve found that I’ve blazed no new trails in the RVing world.

The current adventure: (we have a Lippert Level-Up hydraulic system) the spot we thought was fairly level wasn’t as level front to back, and once the leveling jacks were extended the rear wheels were in the air, and the system wouldn’t complete its cycle. I tried to retract but with no luck. I turned the engine off and when I restarted the engine I got a Low Voltage message (not the error message though). After reading a thread here (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...stem-2172.html) I was able to clear the Low Voltage message and fully retract the jacks but now we just get a “Return for servicing" message. We used blocks under the wheels to get the unit mostly level (the bubble on the level is maybe ⅛ off center front to back and perfectly level side to side. We put out the slide so that we have room to move inside, and the side to side level changed maybe ⅛ off center. All wheels are fully grounded.

The question: am I risking damaging anything by having the slide out without the leveling jacks down for a couple of days if I started with everything pretty much level?

You’ve all bailed me out every other time, here. Don’t let me down!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum