Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 03:38 PM   #8
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
So I'm reviving this thread in case it is helpful to anyone else......

I purchased a 2020 Magnitude SV34 in October and according to Thor (per the OP's original link) it came with the Winegard ConnecT 2.0 and should be eligible for the AT&T Unlimited Data Plan ($360/yr) or the Monthly Data Plan (5GB for $25/mo).

Well after doing a bunch of research, it seemed like the unit had to say TOGO Roadlink on it. Those devices come with an AT&T Sim Card so you can connect to AT&T for the unlimited plan option.

From everything else I read, it looked like the Winegard ConnecT 2.0 came with a Winegard Sim Card for their data plan but you could swap it out with a Sim Card from AT&T or Verizon. The Winegard Connect 2.0 is almost identical to the TOGO Roadlink which is also made by Winegard except the Winegard ConnecT 2.0 does not have the GPS locator option that the TOGO unit has. On top of all that Thor owns the TOGO Roadlink brand.

Before I decided to try and activate the AT&T Unlimited Data Plan online, I climbed up on the roof and pulled the Sim Card. To my surprise it was an AT&T Sim Card and not a Winegard Sim Card. I assumed that Thor installed the AT&T Sim Carfs during production so we could take advantage of the Unlimited Data Plan from AT&T.

I went to this website to enter my units information and purchase the $360/yr data plan.

https://www.att.com/plans/connected-...-roadlink.html

The AT&T website accepted the Sim Card ICCID number and the Winegard IMEI number and they took my $360. I got an email and text notification rom AT&T about 30 minutes later that my activation was successful.

However, the unit did connected to the AT&T network but would not give me Internet access. After a short time later the unit said Access Denied for the AT&T network. I called AT&T support and got a very nice gal who spent 45 minutes with me trying to get it to work. After trying everything we could she had to escalate it to another team to see if they could get it on the network. I am waiting now for a callback to see if they can make any progress.

Before I decided to try an activate the unit on AT&T I did contact Thor to get clarification from Customer Service that the 2020 model were in fact eligible for the $360 data plan as their website stated. She said she had heard people were having problems getting them activated with the AT&T unlimited plan. She asked me a bunch of questions but I had already gone through everything she asked me. Basically the Winegard app requires you to scan a code that is on the User Manual to gain access to the TOGO Roadlink unlimited plan. My manual did not have the code but I did find the above AT&T website to access it.

I also contacted Winegard Support and this is what they told me:

"We do not know what plans are available for the standard ConnecT 2.0 products.

The RoadLink plans are specific to that device as they were negotiated between Togo and AT&T.

Togo is a division of Thor, they have an aftermarket version of the RoadLink. The model is WF2-35B. It might be worth a try to see if they would swap them out so you can use the $360 yearly unlimited plan."

If AT&T can't get it work, I will be contacting Thor to ask them about all of this and whether they installed the wrong units during production or they mislead everyone by saying the Winegard ConnecT 2.0 they were installing was eligible for the AT&T Unlimited Data Plan.

I do find it interesting there were two documents on the Customer Resource Site for my Magnitude. One document was for the Winegard Model WF-95B and the other document was for the Model WF2-35B that Winegard Support mentioned. That document specifically references that the Winegard ConnecT 2.0 runs with TOGO.

Stay tuned if you are interested in the outcome of all this....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum