Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 07:56 PM   #13
Grizz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ARIA 3901
State: New Jersey
THOR #5141
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
OK, I understand that if you're a full timer YOU are as tied to the rv as the system is and the value can be increased by the multiple of days you spend with the rv versus an average recreational user. A full timer 365 days outweighs a weekender by about 26:1.

If you weren't going full time, how would the system be of value to you?
When in your tow'd(my assumption is many full timers have a tow'd) wouldn't an unlimited data plan tied to your Mobile phone be of greater value for waze and weather and yelp?

My whole rv cell phone booster antenna sits just as high on the rv.

Yes I agree IF you don't use your RV that much (and I don't know how much "that much" is) there would not be very much value. The cost of the unit is around 330 and the data plan is another 360 so your almost 700 in without install.

But the value trends up if the RV came with it. I would guess you paid something for your cell phone booster (unless it came with your RV).

Also a lot depends on your cell provider and the plan you have, balanced with the amount of time you use it.

The Winegard/TOGO setup will definitely benefit a full timer/alot of timer. But maybe not a weekender or a couple of weeks a year type user.

This equip does not replace a cell phone with hotspot capability but just adds to the options available. I use my Verizon 8800 MIFI or my Cell phone for internet while in the tow'd.

I guess like anything else, the more you use it the better the value.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum