Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 01:45 AM   #5
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I had the class Outlaw 29H and I did change the wiring on the Inverter so I could power any outlet in the coach (within reason).

I first replaced the stock 1000W Inverter with an 1800W TrueSine inverter. I have not looked at the schematics for your coach but I suspect it was wired similar to mine.

I had Xantrex Inverters and if you read their documentation you are supposed to put a sub-panel on the output side of the Inverter. Thor cuts costs and does not do it that way.

I ended up making my Inverter standalone (no AC input to use the Inverter's built-in transfer switch). I added a breaker to the WFCO Power Distribution Panel and ran the output of the Inverter to the new breaker.

The new breaker that controlled the output of the Inverter was always off until I wanted to use the Inverter. Then I would turn off every breaker in the WFCO Panel (including the master breaker and the Converter breaker). I would then turn on the breaker for the Inverter output so it would feed AC to the WFCO Panel and then I would turn on the breaker for the outlet / appliance that I wanted to use.

Then when I was done using the Inverter, I turned off the new breaker that controlled the output of the Inverter and then turned on all of the breakers in the WFCO panel.

If you can read your schematics and have some experience wiring AC circuits, it can be done.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum