Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 04:29 AM   #8
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprun View Post
Had a similar problem with gray tank. The fittings came apart. I took it apart, re-glued and it was fine for a few months. The fittings were strained because of the angle and came apart again. After 2 attempts, I figured I needed a better fix. Went to Lowes, bought a rubber pipe sleeve, trimmed the length to fit, slid it over the ends of the pipes, added a couple of hose clamps and 2 years later, still working fine.

Took the solution right out of my mouth! Had to use them when replacing my knife waste valves on my fifth wheel. Could not get the valves back together without snapping them do to alignment issues. When they snapped, the rubber seals popped out of position. I cut the pipes and installed the sleeves. This gave me the ability to put the drain system together then connect them with the sleeves. Made the job a snap!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum