Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 05:46 PM   #12
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Installed the TireMinder Repeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Fast response, a new monitor is being shipped with the replacement sensors.

Also I sent them this observation.

"I will tell you that the sensors going on the Jeep were right on the money with one sensor reading 1PSI high.

Question, I have 10 sensors. 6 of the sensors have black plastic valve actuators inside and the other 4 have what appears to be brass. The ones on the Jeep that are right on the money are the brass ones and the ones giving me problems have the plastic. What is the difference between the two and could that be an issue? The 4 brass ones were the four I ordered outside of the initial 6 sensor system."

Oh, sorry. I see they came through for you too. They say right in the owners manual that the sensors are only accurate to 3 or 5 % (or some such, I don’t remember). Really, it’s not a problem once you know how they read. Also, they change a bit over time and you may (or at least I do) get an occasional alarm on the road. Maybe once or twice in a season. My false alarms always have been an indication of a slow leak so no need to panic and they always have cleared up in 10 minutes or so. These things are not intended to be precision instruments and do not eliminate the need to check with a gauge every now and then. Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum