Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 04:31 PM   #16
K2Whire

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Minnesota
THOR #15607
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Are you saying you gonna put your RV inside a garage built next to you house and then have someone live in it? What would they look at unless you plan to have glass around the perimeter?

We have done something similar but the RV is outside. It has worked better than I could have imagined because I now (covid - 19) work out of the RV at home. My wifes works out of the home office. We are both in meetings all day on video calls etc. so we don't disturb each other. I move my unit around reversing directions just to see different scenery. I worry about exhaust from Generator that may below into garage due to wind. Garage can be closed but still get some fumes. I have 50 / 30 / 20 amp services and actually use all 3. I can run both ACs off the 30 amp but I normally use the 50 as that is what my RV is wired for. There have been times where I move it on other side of fence and I used 20 amp with adapter, 1 AC and it too worked just fine.

I have gray water drain but not sewer, it was just too far and expensive in my case to get to a sewer drain. I do have a portable port a potti in bathroom now temporarily because I am trying to minimize the need for a black waste tank drains with all of the uncertainty. You will not have that issue.

Questions I have,

How you will heat the unit? I would be afraid of running propane inside. May not be an issue, but if a tunnel can be a concern, then an enclosed garage would be bigger to me. Maybe add a large exhaust fan in highest point of garage roof?

Do you assume you will not need to run the ACs? if so; you may wish to have some system to catch condensate unless you are ok with it running on concrete floor?

I think your unit has electric hot water? Just looking to see if you can avoid propane use for hot water.
Not so much as permanent "live in" as a ""guest bedroom", mainly I'm thinking about the few days during holidays when the fam comes out to visit. It's attached garage, they can still run in the house if needed (provided I leave the door unlocked ; jk . The only extra bedroom in the house is to be our telework office and it would be nice to give them the privacy and I also like your idea of being able to switch it up for work, going out there for meetings as there are times we are both on calls. In floor heating the RV stall will be its own zone. No propane in garage (electric water heater - yes), no exhaust planned. Think a/c condensation catch - roger.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum