Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 02:33 PM   #9
99dart

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilet69 View Post
We have looked doesnt seem to be alot out there in the diesels either too old or to much in price range. Definitely have noticed the swing in the more modern coaches by way of interiors.
Some of the older stuff is hideous lol momma won't go for that lol.
Yes, the older ones can be quite hideous. If you do some searches in your area on RVTrader and RVT.com, you can set up alerts for what you are looking for.

What about the maintenance cost? Much higher I hear. And the diesel fuel is more... which makes NO sense being that it is less refined.
Fuel is slightly more, but it looks to be a wash getting better fuel economy. Engine oil can be sent of for analysis instead of just changing it every year. I'm new to diesel ownership, but I know Cummins engines are pretty much bullet proof. And, for towing, our rig does have the Allison 3000 trans. If you are willing to travel, you can find a very nice used rig.

I'm not opposed to a diesel, but it has to fit our needs and budget of 150ish
We negotiated ours down to just below the 150 mark. And, you can find several models under that mark in a quality 2011-2015ish MH. Good luck! )

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum