Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 04:02 PM   #2
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
After reading your post you said that even when on shore power your “disconnect event” makes the voltmeter reading drop to 0 volts if I understood correctly? Do the 12vdc loads (lights/fans) in the coach keep working or not during the “event”, when on shore?

My first thoughts on your situation is that it is not a DC breaker tripping since your 12vdc comes back without resets (unless the breaker is not sitting in a panel correctly etc)........might be a relay that is dropping out for some reason......but I thought a bad/loose or dirty electrical connection somewhere that makes (works) sometimes and breaks (opens) other times is more likely the problem.....maybe temperature or motion sensitive?

The gen probably stopped when the “event” killed he 12vdc supply feeding the gen control unit. If 12vdc is lost from the coach DC fuse panel during these outage events I would start by checking all DC connections from output of converter to DC fuse panel. Also use a voltmeter to test where the 12vdc is good and where it fails during the failure event.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum