Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Gas Mileage
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 09:55 PM   #18
JimC

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 22GOC
State: Kansas
THOR #18675
I don't have a Vega so I hesitate to reply to this thread. I have a Daybreak 22GOC [24ft, 6.0 Chevy engine]. On a recent trip from Wichita KS to TX, to NOLA, along the Gulf Coast to Pensacola, to Memphis, and back home we averaged 8.25mpg. Driving speed was 60-75mph [speed limit]. Headwinds of 10 to 20mph were a constant factor except for NOLA to Pensacola. Total trip distance 2478mi. Load included 6 adults and two Bernese Mountain Dogs [100/125lbs]. High mileage was 9.25. Low was 7.8mpg. Generator was used 15 out of 49 travel hours.
To the credit of the vehicle, much of the drive was on rolling hills, against the wind, causing the transmission to run in 5th gear a significant amount of the time.
Overall, I am disappointed in the gas mileage. We were led to believe by two different dealers that this smaller rig with the Chevy engine should average 9 to 12mpg.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum