Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 06:46 PM   #29
thisoldman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Rhode Island
THOR #19146
You're not fooling. In rural areas I pretty much stick to the rightmost lane except to pass the occasional pokey little puppy. In urban areas I tend to drive in the next-to-rightmost lane to avoid being cut off by inattentive drivers as they make a last minute dash across two or more lanes of traffic to catch their exit, as well as by those entering the highway who have no idea about proper merging technique or basic driving etiquette.

I had a couple of hair-raising opportunities to "test" the brakes this week on a trip back up the East Coast to my home in New England. In one case a car that had been stopped in the breakdown lane suddenly launched itself (at slow speed) in front of cars in the right-hand lane, who thought it was much better to swerve into my lane without looking than it was to "test" their own brakes. In the second episode, a car in the D.C. area that briefly straddled the far right lane and an exit ramp very nearly smashed into the crash attenuation barrels--I thought he was a goner--swerving miraculously at the last minute into the right lane and almost into mine. Even if you feel as though you're prepared for anything, you'll still be surprised from time to time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum