Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 07:34 PM   #53
sduff

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnandcarols View Post
Welcome and thanks for your service! We are retired Army also in the DC area and are both defense contractors and bought our first RV last week. Tomorrow is a two day shakedown cruise to Lake Fairfax park in Reston. Agree...no time like the present!
Enjoy, I miss the DC area. I was stationed at Ft. Belvoir for 3 years. The wife and I thought we would want to go back there and retire because we loved the area so much...then we moved to Colorado and that was that. However, as much as I enjoy Colorado we miss Virginia and W. Virginia in the fall immensely...absolutely GORGEOUS!

You are staying relatively close to home for your first trip...my shakedown was an almost 500 mile (one way) trip to Mt. Rushmore. My backup camera went out in Wyoming and I learned really quickly that I needed to add some insulation to my doghouse if my wife and I wanted to keep the cabin cool and be able to have a conversation while going up and down hills.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum