Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 03:34 AM   #32
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Due to HOA restrictions, I am unable to store my camper at my home. It is stored at a farm about 15 minutes from where I live. I am not able to change [improve]the surface beside the barn where it is parked. The farmer keeps the area well mowed [no fire danger] and provides a 30Amp electrical service.
Jim C.
Are you saying you have no choice?

I would think if it were a farm, it would be easy to lay down gravel or a concrete pad? But if you have no choice then parking on the grass is option you chose versus paying to store elsewhere. I don't see any issues other than the realities of parking on grass vs gravel; vs concrete. At least you are not in a residential area where you may have neighbors that could complain about the aesthetics

Between you and me, and if I had the same dilemma with my new coach, I would store on the farm too, my worry would be getting rid of mice / rats NOT moisture. Of course I assume I would have ZERO option to pour concrete? Concrete will not stop the rats, but it would be easier to control them versus being on grass.

FWIW, my coach was brand new; stored inside at a dealership in Florida, .1 hour on generator and only the miles to drive it from Forest City Iowa to Port St Lucie' FL; but there was all kinds of rust on the bottom. I finally reasoned that the Chassis must have been stored outside by Ford a while before Winnebago bought it to build the coach The jack levelers also had some rust and it was brand new!!!
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum