Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 12:05 AM   #35
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandsmith View Post
I swear two days ago when I had this in front of my house the batteries were charging on shore-power. According to this if the converter was not working it wouldn't work on either shore or generator power.

Your Converter should work on shore power and generator power. If a circuit breaker is tripped on the generator, the Converter would not have power with the generator but it would have power with the shore power and charge your batteries.

The Converter has its own AC breaker as well. If that breaker is tripped, it would not work on shore power or generator power.

One other thing..... the Converter has a couple Reverse Polarity Fuses (usually 40A). If you accidentally crossed the battery cables when you were troubleshooting the Inverter, you could have blown the Reverse Polarity Fuses for the Converter and that would prevent it from charging the batteries.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum