Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 09:12 PM   #14
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glensouth View Post
Could you tell me if Sumo Springs will help stop the harsh banging in the rear of my Thor super c on the f550 chassis going down the highway? Hitting a transition from the highway to a bridge or any other type of slight bump will make things on the cabinets or things in the refrigerator bounce up and down.

I installed them on my Magnitude SV34 and after 1500 miles I will say they do help.

It’s not going to ride like a Cadillac.... it’s still a truck with a lot of weight on the back half of the chassis.... but the Sumos allow the suspension to float more.

The factory bump stops are small and hard. There are several inches of clearance between the bump stop and the axle so when you hit a large enough bump you get a harsh impact.

There is only one version available for the F-550 rear and it is rated at 2800lbs and I also went with the 1000lb option for the front.

I installed the rears with the optional spacer. The spacer allows the Sumo Spring to rest on the axle when the suspension is at rest. This now provides some additional suspension support and it does not allow the Sumo to slam into the axle. It absorbs some of the impact when hitting bumps and helps keep the suspension from full compression when hitting big bumps.

I feel it was worth the investment and they do help. Like I said it won’t ride like a Caddy but it’s better.

You can’t beat the price for the improvement as you would spend a lot more money on signification suspension improvements (air bags, better shocks, heavier springs, etc.).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum