Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 12:41 AM   #6
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
I have Norcold so I may not be much help, but did you verify power tro the refrigerator and did you verify everything else electrical is working like normal.

I got confused when you say "when you came back after 5 hours you turn the Fridge back on"? Are you saying you have only on & off switch? When off nothing happens but when on the Auto Light comes on? Seems like it should have some way to let you know if Fridge is running off propane or electric?

Our unit allows Propane only, Electric only, Both (will use Propane only if no Electric) or Off.

Basically we never turn the Fridge off (unless at a gas station), it is otherwise always on Both. Had it been us, when you unplugged to leave, the propane indicator would have came on and ran for the 5 hours.
When we returned and plugged back to shore power the Electric indicator would have come indicated the propane was off.

Sometimes there are delays and we may see a red light but after few minutes it switches to the correct power source.

I am gonna assume you got all of this down and doing the right thing, if so a defective control boards is all it can be.. But I think it is odd you can't just turn for Electric only
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum