Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 07:34 PM   #1
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Propane Mystery?

Ok I got question for the GPGs (Grand Propane Gods)

So today, I decide to check on my propane, preparing for a trip in 3 weeks.
My tank specifications per manual says 18 gallons and 76 lbs. I have 2019 Winnebago Sunstar 29VE.

The inside gauge LEDs read 1/3 of a tank remains.
The actual tank outside had indicator pointing straight up indicating half way full.
I am in Dallas Texas
Outside Temperature 87 degrees

So I figure why not go fill it up. I drive to a local U-haul who charges $2.99 / gallon. If someone has a better price, I will listen?

THe U-haul Manager comes out and fills it up; but it is only 4.3 gallons!!!

I asked him was he sure and he was confident it was full. So I go inside and the LED gauge is now reading Full, I go to the tank and it too is reading Full all the way to the right.

I asked the Manager how could it be because I have 18 gallon tank, and he says maybe I only have a 8 gallon tank?

The last time I purchased propane was 2/15/20. I bought 7 gallons then. I am pretty sure the LED gauge was reading Empty then; but I was NOT out of propane.

Any idea of what is going on?

RV USA confirms my specifications.
https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2019-...n-29ve-tr41862

Picture of tank below, on bottom it has some specs stamped on tank case but I can't read it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3647.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	26336  
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum