Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 12:11 AM   #1
Bobdole

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: South Carolina
THOR #20754
2020 Thor Four Winds 22e duel wheel spacing concerns

Have a brand new coach. Have been back and forth with Thor and various forums on proper tire pressure. Both the door jam sticker and Thor say use 65 psi front and rear. The overall majority online think the cold max load on the tire should be applied which is 80 all around for my tires LT225/75R16E S. I received the coach from the dealer with 80 in all the tires and that’s what they also recommended. I decided the bring them all down to 66 psi which led me to the next issue. The coach is empty sitting in storage with empty tanks. I took these pics after deflating to 66 psi. The tires are very close to touching at the bottom where they bulge. Obviously the less pressure in the tire, the more bulge decreasing the space between the tire. Should I inflate to the max tire load? Will a brand new Thor motor coach with brand new tires already require wheel spacers? Am I being completely oc here and is this amount of space between the duel tires normal? I can’t help but think bouncing around at interstate speeds will cause rubbing and possibly a blowout. I also doubt inflating to 80 psi would make much difference but it’s worth a shot I guess.. Any advice appreciated. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4384.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	26516Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4385.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	26517

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum