Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 03:31 PM   #12
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
So I decided to do a little experiment..... to prove the magnetic float and sender unit do actually work the way they should. Maybe this will also help the OP and others troubleshoot an issue with the propane tank readings.

I took my sender, which was reading about 1/2 on the gauge and about 60% on my Firefly display and rotated it about 45 degrees.

As you can see from the pictures it went to about 3/4 full, which is what I would have expected given its magnetic. My Firefly display read 100%. I wasn’t too surprised because I noticed it read full a long time and until the gauge visually dropped below 3/4 on the gauge.

To me it looks like the sender can only be installed one way (or perhaps 180 degrees in the other direction). I didn’t want to force it since there are plastic tabs that hold it in place. It seems to just want to go easier in the original position.

Based on my experiment, the gauge / sender should be installed with the Full mark being at 3 o’clock on a horizontal tank and there is no adjustment that can be made. I would also say the most accurate reading is probably on the gauge itself.... but I can’t confirm that to be true.

All that being said, this would be a good way to verify the electrical sending unit is sending the proper signal back to the inside display panel with the propane level reading.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7690.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	26525

Name:	IMG_7692.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	26526

Name:	IMG_7691.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	26527

Name:	IMG_7693.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	26528

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum