Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 12:28 AM   #9
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie2021 View Post
Hi All,

Thanks in advance for any insights!!

My wife and I bought an SV34 about a month ago and have loved it mostly.

We are only running into two issues right now(that we haven't fixed) and they are both shower related.

First, the shower leaks out of the street side front corner. We have caulked that area quite a bit but it keeps leaking. It leaks onto the floor right at the floor.

Second, when we shower the outside sink fills with water. It seems that the shower drain back flows that way and then it leaks underneath the outdoor sink. There is a macerator pump for the rear sink and an inline check valve but apparently that's what the check valve is for and it doesn't work??

Anybody else deal with this or have any bright ideas to to remedy??

We are on a seven week cross country loop and are not really available to leave it at a dealer for any significant time.

Thanks so much!!!!

Brian and Laurie
I have a 2020 Magnitude SV34 so I should be a little more help than some of the posts so far. I have not had your problems but I am looking at the coach plumbing schematics now. If you go to the Owners Resource Site, you can download the schematics and other useful documentation.

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/

The shower drain and the outdoor kitchen drain are plumbed together and directly run to the gray tank. There is a check-valve that should flow from the kitchen sink to the gray tank when the macerator is turned on. I would bet my next payment that your check-valve is plumbed backwards.

If the check-valve is backwards, some water would run to the gray tank but some water would also run to the outdoor kitchen sink and then start to fill the sink because the shower is higher than the outdoor kitchen. Once the kitchen sink bowl fills up, it will leak onto the countertop and into the refrigerator area.

As a short term fix, try closing the kitchen sink drain stopper. This will prevent water from back-flowing into the sink when you shower. This should solve that problem until you, a dealer or Thor authorized tech can verify the check-valve was installed backwards or is defective.

As far as your shower leak is concerned..... is your leak at the passenger side wall?

Can you see the water leak out the bottom of the door trim? Are you sure the water is not coming from under the shower around the floor near the access panel?

The shower walls fit over the shower floor / pan which runs partially up the wall. There is no sealant between the shower pan and the shower walls so air can get there and keep things dry.

I can think of a couple possibilities:

- The aluminum trim on the bottom of the door where the track mounts was not installed flush with the shower floor / pan and there is a gap such that the silicone is not sealing it.

- The drain is not sealed in the shower floor / pan and water is leaking around the drain and then under the shower and under the access panel and onto the floor. Might be worth drying everything and then taking off the access panel and then running the shower. Then use a flashlight to see if water is leaking around the drain.

- If you see a lot of water under the shower when you remove the access panel, then there is a crack in the shower floor / pan or the plumbing under the shower could be leaking.

Let us know what you find......

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum