Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 07:16 PM   #15
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by reminckv View Post
So I think that I have isolated my problem to either the wiring of the Honeywell thermostat or the furnace control board. Whenever I move the slider switch to heat, it pops the 15a appliance fuse. I didn't think I did that twice on my last trip, but I've done a lot dumber things. As mentioned, the control board does not show signs of moisture or corrosion. I know that they do crap out sometimes but I'm hoping that I did something stupid when wiring the digital thermostat. A/C and fan works fine as long as the fuse as good. Here are some pics of the thermostat. I sure appreciate any feedback you fine folks can provide.
Here is a good simplified schematic for your Atwood furnace:

You can see in this diagram that you should be able to turn the "breaker/reset/power" switch on the furnace to OFF and still have control power back to the thermostat, but in my experience that is not always the case as the BLUE wire is attached to the downstream side of the switch.
In any case, turn the furnace breaker/switch off, jump 12 VDC to the blue wire to power the thermostat, then try to turn the furnace on at the thermostat. It obviously will not come on, but the thermostat will send the "ON" signal to the furnace.

If the fuse does not blow, then the thermostat wiring shoild be OK but your problem is likely in the control board or maybe the fan drawing too much current (can you manually turn it?)

If the fuse still blows you have a problem between the thermostat wiring and the relay on the control board.
You can further isolate the control board by removing the wire connection plug from it but you will definitely need to jumper the 12 VDC to the thermostat at the plug to provide power to the thermostat. If it still blows the fuse then you either have a wiring problem with the thermostat or between the thermostat and the control board plug.

Good Luck
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum