Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 12:47 AM   #470
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
So,
The black tank has been sitting for a month and suddenly ripened the whole damn garage. Seems someone used it without my knowing, and without me having put in anti smell stuff, and it took it a while to ripen.

I pulled it around to our rv spot on the property, used the macerator and 3/4" garden hose, hooked up the double tornados, flushed it all and didn't spill a single solitary drop.

I was afraid the tornados wouldn't be able to keep up with the macerator but damn they dump a lot of water into the tank.
I'm going to add a spare water meter I have laying around so I can set a timer on the tornados when I hook up the selonoids. That'll allow me to add three or so gallons after the macerator stops.
Everything will work from the freshwater tank.

I used the last tide pod looking black tank pod that came with the rv.
I, on recommendations here, ordered the Happy Camper scoop type tank stuff. It claims no smell. I hate perfumes as bad as I do sewage smells.

I have a new whole house reverse osmosis system on the house(we live solely on rainwater) and filled the fresh rv water tank with 2ppm water. That should last without fear of going stale.

I have a 12v uv lamp that will shine in the fresh water tank so long term storage shouldn't be a problem.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum