Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 04:20 AM   #1
ador

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
THOR #21278
2021 THOR ACE 33.1 - Shake Down Experience (Have Some Questions)

As previously posted from my other thread, we traded our 2015 Forest River Forester 2861DS for a 2021 THOR ACE 33.1 (3 weeks ago). We like the floor plan. Wife love the cabinets. Here are my initial thoughts with our 3 day short get away (shake down).

We loaded our couch with our normal stuffs, full tank of gas, full tank propane, food, clothes, 15 gallon water in fresh water tank, etc. We stopped by CAT weighing station to check our weight. I don't have the paper, but we are LESS than the GVWR (below the front and rear axle weight limit).

The V8 engine performed well on the road. I was able to pass some vehicles when needed, even on slight incline. Road noise is tolerable. I will be adding some insulation underneath the doghouse to lessen the heat and noise. I have read some very helpful information in this forum.

I will also take the coach for alignment, as highly suggested in this forum. (did that also on my previous Class C). The steering wheel also need to be corrected to make it centered. I am also ordering the Front and Rear Sumo helper springs, as well as Road Master steering stabilizer. The coach do sway/swerve when big rigs pass by. Hopefully that initial upgrade with help.

I only found 2 issues with the RV. The electrical outlet under the dinette is not working. One of the HDMI cable that runs from the TV, all the way to the other side of the coach where the Blue Ray player is also not working. Other than that, everything was working.

Now... here is the only problem we had. The coach only have 3 furnace outlets. One in the bedroom. Two in the kitchen. The front of the coach is very cold. I did notice 2 vents on the floor (one in the bathroom and another one towards the front, behind the driver chair). But NO warm air is coming out. I called THOR company tech support this morning. I was told that those 2 vents are "NOT" connected to the furnace. They are just there for "air circulation". Can someone please confirm that?

I also asked the tech support rep if I can plug in my 50 amp coach to our residential outlet (15 amp) to start the refrigerator before camping. I was told NO, "the minimum power I need is 30 amp to run some appliances". Tech said I can plug it in. But it will not charge my batteries and it will not supply enough power to the coach.

Overall, we love the coach. We will start putting our personal touch to make it our own.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum