Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 03:18 AM   #12
ador

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
THOR #21278
How do I tell if my inverter is 20 amp? Where do i look to confirm? I tried to plug in my RV using an adapter to 15 amp in my house. Two things happened. I heard something humming underneath our bed (which where our inverter maybe at?), AND.... both of the control boxes of my slide outs started blinking and gave me some error code (which translated to shorted ground wire). I callef Swintek (hope I spelled that correctly). They told me that error code happens when “I don’t get enough power to ny RV”. Could that be because of the 15Amp supply from my house? Anyway, the tech told me how to reset and clear the error code. The refrigerator did turn on on shore power though. I have decided to unplug everything AND not to plug it again once I am sure it is Ok and Safe to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky-in-AR View Post
I do t have the same model as you but my inverter is 20 amp. If I plug the RV into a 15 amp plug it blows the breaker.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum