Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 10:43 PM   #35
OutlawThor

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #21308
feelin your pain

I lost the rest of my reply somehow, but I'll try again. I have attached page 14 of the schematic of my 2018 Outlaw. On the right you will see "interior fuse panel" - this is actually how the Converter, or Charger/Power supply is connected to the relay that is probably your issue. Labeled "disconnect" to the left of the fuse panel, you have to search for this solenoid relay, probably behind a fuse panel like mine was. This is what is stopping your 12V Converter from charging the batteries and running 12V stuff without shore power. I took mine out, tested it with a battery and found that it toggles; one touch of 12V to the smaller terminals closes the relay, another opens it. f you measure across the bigger terminals when it is closed, you will measure nothing. Measure from Ground to each side for 12VDC to determine if its open or closed.
Your batteries are probably ok, the 50A breakers are ok, this relay just opens when thing get too low in voltage and you have to "jump start" it.
Good Luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Page 14 Outlaw.pdf (251.4 KB, 55 views)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum