Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 08:39 PM   #503
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
My dad died yesterday.
Not sudden, but expected.
No condolences needed, but I respect you for the thought.

My sister whom I haven't allowed near us for the last 40years(by us I mean our clan, who in turn understood the same and the speculative 'why' of it all) happened to be in Vegas at the time.
We messed up, invited her over despite the kids she abandoned 35 years ago being there..
Everyone sucked it up, saying it was 40 years ago, dad said she's doing fine, while we don't really know, dad would have protected us if it was warranted. it's her dad too, yadda yadda.

She refused to speak with anyone screamed like the lady on the Simpsons who throws cats, stole my dad's wallet, stole my uncles car, took my dad's meds, she was there a few hours before us(she pulled the wool right over an experienced hospice nurses eyes with 'I've done this before as a side job). We're going over to inventory my 85 year old uncles(not REALLY an uncle and almost no contact in 50 years and he's not REALLY my dad, he's a very loved step-dad) home to see what else is missing. I couldn't run her off because the uncle whom I don't know didn't want the cops and conflict.

No death certificates for a while so no way for me to close accounts.
Car was in my dads name(uncle never transferred it) all she has to say is
'he told me I could drive it'.

Just a tale, nothing more.
Please live vicariously through this one.

“Family!!” Good luck, condolences (anyway!) and hope all your life issues settle soon and you can go camping in your favorite quiet place and do your favorite thing. All the best.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum