Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 05:39 PM   #1
Rshepard

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Texas
THOR #20008
Strange Power Drop Issues. How do you know the ATS is going bad?

Hello everyone. I'm having a fun little time dealing with some electronic gremlins on our 2017 Thor Aria 3901.

The issue I'm currently trying to figure out is this. Two times in the last 10 days I've lost power in the coach. The led lights flicker for about 10-20 seconds and then the AC circuits drop (Microwave and TVs turn off and back on).

The story has a little more detail but for now I'm wondering if anyone else recognizes this issue and can recommend where to look first.

Setup Background/Context. We are on shore power (SP) and I've got a SP monitor which shows the incoming power is clean and free of errors. My inverter is in passthru and both of my batteries are now in float charge mode. The Float mode turns off and on over time, and this morning when the glitch happened again, both my coach and chassis batteries were absorbing/recharging in float mode. I'm unclear why my batteries would be charging when I've been on shore power for a long time. Maybe it's a indicator to the issue.

I was told to look at the Converter? and the ATS by people I've spoke to in the park we are at but also wonder about the Inverter (Magnum MS2812) in all of this. I'm still learning about the power setup of this RV and have more to learn, AND I've got an RV repair visit setup for later this week. Just trying to wrap my head around this and understand the electrical system/setup.

Thanks in advance for any info.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum