Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 01:58 AM   #14
droregon

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni RB34
State: Oregon
THOR #20891
The inspection list I've given my Sales Rep is:
1. The Slide. It's big & heavy. Makes sure it slides properly, no dragging wheels. Make sure all plumbing stays connected. (Kitchen sink drain seems to be the one item commonly disconnecting.)
2. Support brackets for truck running boards. Make sure they're still there. They seem to fall off.
3. The front cabover. Judge's well documented separation issue. I want to see it auto-level without separation. (The parking lot is not level, so hopefully it will be a adequate first test.)
4. All the other usual tests: Appliances work, outlets work, ducts clean, under bed clean, cabinet & drawers clean, etc.
5. (What have I forgotten?)

Rep made a big deal about how this Dealer inspects and tests these units before the walkthrough with the client. Says they want to find any issues before their clients do. He has said to plan for a multi-hour walkthrough. This is a well-respected high-end Class A & Super C dealer in Oregon. They have 30 days inspection on Thor's dime, including any nicks and scrapes on the drive out from Indiana, then my one year warranty. I've given him several links to this Forums posts, including Judge's. Rep has acknowledged reading them. We'll see if the Dealer delivers on the promise. I sure hope their reputation is well earned.

The cabover weight item: On YouTube video reviews, there are comments and I've seen stickers that state the weight limit of the cabover is 500lbs. That makes sense for two sleeping adults. Now one owner has posted on this forum that his is rated at only 250lbs. I'll be interested to see what mine is rated. 250lbs won't be enough for two sleeping adults in that large sleeping area.

I hope Thor hasn't decided to reduce the weight limit to protect themselves from "Structural Warranty" claims, instead of fixing the damn issue.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum