Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 09:36 PM   #9
rbykid

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20468
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Sounds like you have all the bases covered. I would just do two idiot checks:

1 - The switch box (not splitter) has to have power to feed to the cameras. You've verified it has 12 VDC power in. Did you verify the + an - are goint to the right inputs? Thor has been known to confuse polarities.

2 - Depending on the model switchbox it may have one (video) or two (video and audio) RCA out jacks. Are you sure the RCA cable is connected to the video out and not the audio out?

So if those idiot checks passed and you have verified not video out to the new monitor either with or without the turn signals activated then I would concur the switch box has a problem.
Partial success—I found the ground was not working so I cut the wire and ran a new ground wire. The left turn signal camera now works but not right or backup camera.

The coach wires are spliced right colors to the switch box but the power is not coming through the right colors per schematic from Rear View Safety for model RVS-501N-3.

I think I can fix this by cutting and splicing wires. I am 2nd owner and I suspect someone before me did a hack job and spliced the wires color to color but maybe Thor did not match colors from new.

Any advice is appreciated. I will get this working and post back when I do.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum