Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 05:59 PM   #26
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
We got lucky. During the PDI of our "used" coach 8 months out of the factory with only 2300 miles on it I went to start the generator with SP disconnected and the house batteries wouldn't even turn it over. The PDI tech didn't bat an eye and installed two brand new group 31 deep cycle batteries that are still going strong 5 years later.

That’s how it should work! When mine failed on the road I first called the battery manufacturer (interstate) and they laughed out loud because they were more than a year old. Never mind that I’d only had the coach for a couple of months. Then I called the dealer and he also refused to help unless we brought it in - which at that point was about 1000 miles away. So I found a local source and replaced them myself and then called the coach manufacturer and asked for reimbursement. They agreed almost before I finished asking - although I got the impression that they might be holding the dealer accountable. All told it only took a couple of hours and wasn’t a very big deal.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum