Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 01:34 AM   #18
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Good clarifying responses and your final test seems to prove that the Aux start relay (battery isolation relay) is functioning correctly for starting the coach. So under non charging conditions that relay should remain open, which gets us back to how is the ant switch LED getting power when only the chassis battery is connected?

Remember the ant switch is getting power when either the House battery is in USE; or when Chassis Battery is ON. If either is OFF the LED light stays on. If both are OFF the LED light goes out. The same is true to turn Inverter on. If Inverter is ON then everything on Inverter circuit has power even though USE/STORE is in STORE mode.

The LED is a trivial load; not sure about the antenna pre-amp, but likely small as well.......it would be nice to have a schematic for the specific wiring. At least you can either turn off the ant switch when not in use, or disconnect both battery strings to kill it as required.
Yes both workarounds work. For kicks I was gonna try to see how low the draw was for the LED / pre amp only (using my digital readout in hundreds of KWs from inverter; so I purposely make sure Chassis is ON and USE/STORE in Store mode. And the LED light did NOT come on!!! So I press wall plate button thinking making I had the switch on cable, but it stayed dark. I then go to the Inverter remote and try to turn it on and it does not come on!!! So at that moment everything appeared to be working. I switched to USE mode and the LED came on and I was able to turn on Inverter.

However, when I turned the USE back off; the LED for ant stayed on, and I was able to turn on Inverter again This was about 2 hours after the Test above in previous post. I don't know if this is repeatable? I may try to start it again with the Chassis battery disconnected to see ?

I agree the LED & Pre amp is likely not pulling enough to worry about, but I am very curious now. I also have to account for the fact that if I do got to store mode and inadvertently left the the inverter on, I could be drawing who knows what on the inverter circuit? I don't think the latter will happen because we don't leave the inverter switch on even though it will switch automatically.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum