Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 09:18 PM   #2
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichS View Post
Had my 28 foot Class C waxed by New Image today. He does it twice a year for 300 each time. I have used him for the last 4 years. He is a dealer for Ceramic Application. They sand to the gelcoat wipe everything down with alcohol then apply the ceramic. He says it takes a week. $3000 for the job. It's suppose to last for 6 to 7 years and then reapplication. No sanding.

Has anyone had this procedure done. How was the results? Would you do it again?

Thanks

I’ve heard that DIY ceramic coating is very different and inferior to professional products/applications. I have no trouble believing that but nevertheless I’m seriously skeptical that any applied coating that could last 7 years. And for the price I’m not sure but what you could get clear coat “paint”.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum