Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 04:10 PM   #1
morrow157

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #24431
New Owner Questions - Generator and Water/Power

I an a new owner of a Thor 29KW and wondered if running the generator while driving is ok. The kids like to have power to the outlets but I wasn't sure if it is a good idea or not? Also, do I need to be cautious of how much I use the generator? I'm not sure what the useful life of a generator is so wasn't sure how much to limit it's use. My second question is how important are the surge protector and water filter for hooking up at a campsite? It does have a tankless water heater so I was told I should try to run soft water through it to avoid hard water buildup, but that may also be a separate issue. Thanks in advance for any help for this new guy!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum